LIGHTING DESIGNER -minimum 3 years experience
ACTLD is seeking a highly talented Lighting Designer to join our professional team of designers, architects and creative storytellers with a strong passion for aesthetic and inspirational lighting design.
We create exceptional experiences at the intersection of design, art and innovation. For 25 years, our international team of architects, engineers, scenographers and content-curators have worked with forward-thinking clients, using technology, multimedia and narration to design, develop and deliver dynamic experiences worldwide. With roots in both entertainment and architectural lighting design, we have stayed ahead of the experiential-design curve by uniting our diverse areas of expertise, multifaceted approach and keen technical know-how. Our true calling is to gather, engage and amaze audiences, while creating value for our clients.
ACTLD is currently looking for highly creative and innovative Lighting Designer to join its international team. The Project Designer will be part of the ACTLD creative team, leading the design for permanent and temporary lighting & multimedia installations, while overseeing the artistic and technical quality of assigned projects.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for understanding client requirements.
* Develop design details, sketches and drawings.
* Assist in estimating projects for bid, planning work schedules, activities.
* Develop work schedules for projects, sequencing of work activities, coordinating activities with the Account Manager and other supervisory personnel.
* Ensure that realistic project plans are maintained and ensure regular and accurate communication to stakeholders.
* Identify, evaluate and recommend solutions to implement.
* Coordinate work of subcontractors and communicate with vendors and suppliers.
* Visit project sites as required to attend progress meetings, meet with supervisory personnel and clients to monitor progress on the project.
* Follow the production and the installation of the design accordingly.
* Manage databases and filing systems.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Tertiary training in Lighting Design from a recognized institution (or equivalent professional background).
* Minimum of 3 years experience as designer, ideally in independent design practice.
* Excellent knowledge of DIALUX, AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch-up, Photoshop and Microsoft Office package.
* 3d-Max or Rhino knowledge is a plus.
* Proficient in Google Apps and the ability to learn company-specific software if required
* Proven leadership experience.
* Organizational and time management skills.
* Attention to deadlines and details.
* Flexible and able to coordinate and prioritize workload.
* Quick learner and capacity to adapt to changing needs and situations.
* Strong communication skills.
* Tact, diplomacy and discretion.
* Good oral and written knowledge of English and/or French.
* Capacity to integrate with an international team, while being able to work independently.
* Positive personality with a strong pro-active approach.
WHAT WE OFFER
* Competitive salary in line with international standards
* Creative, exciting and international working environment
* Opportunity for growth within organization
ACTLD’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations. ACTLD is an eco-conscious company aiming to minimize its ecological footprint and maximize our social and economic impact.
WHAT TO DO
This job opening won’t last long! Please send your CV, Portfolio and other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the email: “Lighting Designer May 2019”.