SBID Launches Product Design Awards

(UK) – The Society of British and International Design (SBID) launches 2020 Product Design Awards celebrating the finest design, innovation and functionality for products within the residential and commercial interior design sectors.

Now open for entries from around the globe, the competition invites product, industrial and interior designers, as well as manufacturers and suppliers, to propose original products realised in the last two years across seventeen categories: Accessories; Bathroom Product; Brassware; Cabinetry & Joinery; Fabric & Textiles; Furniture – Contract; Furniture – Residential; Heating & Cooling; Ironmongery & Metalwork; Kitchen Product; Leisure & Wellbeing; Lighting; Outdoor; Sanitaryware; Sound & Vision; and Surfaces & Finishes.

Entries close 13 March 2020, with winners chosen via a three-part process. A technical judging panel evaluates entries’ professional merit and determines the finalists to be announced 9 April. From this selection, a jury representing a broad range of design skills and connections will decide 70% of the winners’ scores, with the remaining 30% of the result mad up of an online public vote that will be live until 30 April.

Industry experts will lend their insights and experience to the SBID Product Awards’ judging panel, including: Vasiliki Petrou, Group CEO and Executive Vice President of Unilever Prestige; Jeff Ning, President of Wanda Hotels and Resorts; Can Tufekcioglu, Principal Interior Designer at Arcadis; Trevor Cotterell, Managing Director at Areen; Kar Hwa Ho, Head of Interior Architecture at Zaha Hadid Architects; Gary Clark, Principal, Regional Leader of Science and Technology at HOK London Studio; Henry Reeve, Director of Interior Design at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG); Heinz Richardson, Principal at Jestico + Whiles Architects and Designers; Letitia Fitzgibbon, Head of Interior Design at Harrods Interior Design; Herbert Lui, Partner at Dexter Moren Associates; and Vanja Garaj, Head of Design at the Department of Design in Brunel University London.

Held in the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, 5 June 2020, the awards ceremony will be an opportunity to celebrate the very best in global product design while mingling with top-tier industry leaders from across the world.

www.sbidproductdesignawards.com